Wow! It’s been a while. The blog’s been gathering some virtual dust, hey?
I can’t say I’ve been busy because that would be lie. I’ve been lazy. Real lazy. And the worst part is, it’s not as if I haven’t been busy in the kitchen because I have. I’m just lazy. And I’ve been procrastinating. FUN FACT: I am a master procrastinator. If you want, I could teach you… Tomorrow, or next week?
These brownies, humans!
I made them quite a while back but that doesn’t matter.
Point is: they’re good.
They’re moist, dense, fudgy, chocolately, rich, sweet and a damn good batch of cocoa brownies.
And the Salted Caramel… Don’t get me started on the caramel. It’s so good I could pull off a Nigella Lawson and pour that stuff all of over my face. It’s sweet, smooth, velvety, rich, buttery with a healthy dose of salty.
These are my favourite cocoa brownies and are perfect for when you want a good brownie but you don’t have chocolate.
Cocoa Brownies with Salted Caramel Sauce
- 240g butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) cubed salted butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Line and grease a square baking pan and preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F)
- Place the butter, sugars and cocoa powder into a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave until the butter has melted. Give a good stir to incorporate everything well.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt to the cocoa mix.
- Then add the eggs one at a time mixing well with each one.
- Stir in the flour being careful not to over mix the batter.
- Place the mixture into the baking pan and place into the oven and bake for 20-30min
- Place the sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat with just a sprinkling of water.
- Carefully watch the sugar melt and turn into caramel. It’s quite magical. Be careful not to touch the sugar at this point. Just leave it be. It knows what it’s doing.
- In the meantime in a separate saucepan heat the cream until warm.
- Once the cream is warm and the sugar is now caramel, slowly add the cream to the sugar stirring constantly. Watch out because the caramel is going to bubble up and go mad when you add the cream but be not afraid; it doesn’t last long.
- Once well combined and looking delicious add the butter and stir.
- Then add the salt and stir and remove from the heat.
- When the brownies are done leave them to cool COMPLETELY before even attempting to remove them from the pan.
- Once completely 100% cool, remove from pan, go HAM with the salted caramel and drizzle that ish all over them mofos and slice into lovely squares.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12622141/?claim=hswsr6qg73w”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>